IT’S RAINING TREES at our MAY DAY SALE!
JOIN THE MAY DAY FUN!
We’ll be starting our Member May Day Week Sale and the Deep Discount Area on Monday, leading up to our May Day Extravaganza May 6 & 7.
Meanwhile, join our (now legal!) Rainwater Harvesting class on Saturday and Fruit Tree class on Sunday. Our class descriptions, below, highlight all the details.
Space is limited in each of our classes, so call 303-939-9403 to reserve your seat!
(Cash or check only for class payment.)
(Cash or check only for class payment.)
Our photo montage, below, shows the fun we had last weekend with Margaret Hollander and her kid goats!
CLASSES THIS WEEKEND
Sat., April 29 at 10 AM
Rainwater Harvesting with Alison Peck
Rainbarrels are finally legal in Colorado – yay! Learn about rainbarrrels and even better ways of using rainwater and snowmelt, such as rain-gardens and pervious pavement (and even about greywater). Learn easy ways to use this free water in your gardens while protecting yourself from flooding. $15 SATURDAY!
Sun., April 30 at 1 PM
Best Fruit Trees for Colorado with Mikl Brawner
Learn which varieties of fruit trees are successful here, which are not, and which are good flavored: Apples, Cherries, Plums, Pears, Peaches. Mikl’s first orchard was in 1976 and he will teach you how to care for your fruit trees. $15 SUNDAY!
MAY DAY SALE & CELEBRATION IS HERE!
- May Day Sale – Monday, May 1 to Sunday, May 7
- For Members – Discount of $10 on a $50+ purchase of plants (except roses & fruit trees)
- For Everyone – Deep Discount Area will be stocked with loads of beautiful neonic-free perennials and more
- May Day Celebration – Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7
- Join us to celebrate the fertility of spring with music, dance, refreshments and frivolity!
- Entertainment features the Maroon Bells Morris Dancers’ on May 6
- View the full weekend schedule at http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=bfa84374803c512fe7df11c8d&id=d5e90a5d80&e=b3867df01b#Greetings
- FIRST TOMATO STARTS ARE IN – TIME FOR SOLAR CAPS! – Set up your Solar Caps now to pre-warm the soil and you can plant your tomatoes in 5-7 days. Solar Caps form a personal greenhouse for your tomato starts, which improves growth throughout the season. We’ve had great success using them on our tomatoes and we love Solar Caps!
- SEED POTATOES ARE IN THE HOUSE! – Our organic and certified seed potato varieties include: German Butterball, Purple Majesty, Mountain Rose, and Kennebec.
- ORGANIC COOL-SEASON VEGGIE STARTS – Our wonderful selection still includes Kale, Swiss Chard, Broccoli, Cabbage, Bok Choy, Collards, Lettuce and more.
- PERENNIALS – We have lots of new choice and unusual perennials coming in most every day. Come check them out!
- PLANTS – In addition, we have beautiful shrubs and trees that we have overwintered outdoors and are ready to plant without any transition period.
- SOIL PRODUCTS – Premium composts, organic fertilizers and other great soil amendments. We have re-stocked our Mushroom Compost!
- SEEDS from Botanical Interests, Seed Savers Exchange, BBB along with seed-starting supplies.
- PEA SEEDS – It’s not too late to plant pea seeds, particularly Sugar Snap Peas like Cascadia.
FUN WITH THE KIDS LAST WEEKEND!
Our photo montage shows the fun we had last weekend with Margaret Hollander and her kid goats!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Please take a look and if this sounds like a good fit for you, please respond as soon as possible by sending your resume to Staff@HarlequinsGardens.com or call 303-939-9403. If you know someone who may be interested but is not on our email list, go ahead and forward this message to them. To become more familiar with our nursery and specialties, view our website at www.HarlequinsGardens.com.
Full-time or Part-time Retail Sales Position
Must have significant ornamental gardening / horticulture experience, be dedicated to non-toxic gardening, be a team player, organized, with good communication skills, able to do some physical work. Duties include plant and product sales, customer education and service, attending monthly staff meetings. 3-5 days/wk, including Wednesday, Thursday, and one weekend day.
We hope to see you at Harlequin’s soon!
Get all the latest news from your friends at Harlequin’s Gardens.